Our five year adventure in Doha, Qatar ended June 1, 2012, but the memories will always remain. It's back to Texas where I have decided...Qatar isn't cornering the market on "quirky", as I once believed. Thanks for opening my eyes to the world, Doha!

Saturday, March 3, 2012

Presenting: WAAD


Hold the press, I, yours truly, have received a special invitation to a Doha fashion event featuring custom abayas by Qatar's own designer, Waad Mohammed. Exciting and scary at the same time, as you don't have to remind me that I'm not a fashion aficionado. Oh, was I really wearing flip flops when you spotted me? Sorry, I am American, 'nuff said. Note, it did take an eight thousand mile move to tiny Qatar for me to become somewhat schooled in the areas of world class tennis, soccer (the other football), golf, kite boarding, symphonic orchestras, rally cars, power boating, etc, so now it's time for fashion. Looking forward to seeing what creativity and pizazz Waad brings to the region's traditional abaya. Did I mention that this special invitation also goes out to you?

Shhh, don't tell anyone...tell EVERYone!


Save the date:

Saturday, March 10, 2012
Don't forget to RSVP to
waad.designs.events@gmail.com

Follow WAAD on twitter for updates:

@WAAD.designs

To read or leave comments, please click on the comments link below. Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love hearing your comments. Go ahead make my day, be it the good, the bad, or the ugly...