Our five year adventure in Doha, Qatar ended June 1, 2012, but the memories will always remain. It's back to Texas where I have decided...Qatar isn't cornering the market on "quirky", as I once believed. Thanks for opening my eyes to the world, Doha!

Sunday, October 23, 2011

Street to Where?

Doha's street to nowhere

I find it a bit ironic that this street sign has been put up in a deserted area, in the most literal since of the word. It's just down the street from me. No, don't ask me my street name. I wouldn't get it right. Heck the city can't even get it right as it is spelled differently at the two nearest roundabouts. Even though, Qatar has made leaps and bounds in marking their roads and intersections these last few years, there is so much more ground to cover. Street names seem to be relatively new. No one in this country asks what street you live on. That tidbit seems to be irrelevant. Directions please. Area? Near what roundabout? How many slip roads down? Or you can always just give my favorite directions to the newbies, "take a right at the mosque". Yeah, good luck with that ;P;P

To read or leave comments, please click on the comments link below. Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love hearing your comments. Go ahead make my day, be it the good, the bad, or the ugly...