Our five year adventure in Doha, Qatar ended June 1, 2012, but the memories will always remain. It's back to Texas where I have decided...Qatar isn't cornering the market on "quirky", as I once believed. Thanks for opening my eyes to the world, Doha!

Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Doha ~ It's a Small Small World


I don't think we shall ever again, live, in a such

a personable, small world as Doha

Funny story. Well, I think it's funny. My blog, I call the shots. In case you didn't know, Kristi is visiting us and on her "Last time I might get to visit Qatar to do list" is Oriental Carpet. Oriental Carpet is one of those must visit stores when in Doha. It has all your souvenir needs from beautiful Persian rugs to camel decorated Christmas ornaments. I bought a carpet there a few years back and usually take visitors there to peruse the eclectic selection of items. So, maybe I visit twice a year? Anyway, the moment we walked into the store, the welcoming gent that runs it looks at me and says, "Ohhhh, I've been waiting for you to come by. I have something for you!" I instantly think, sales pitch. He reaches behind the counter and pulls out the October issue of Qatar Happening magazine and says, "There is a picture of you and your husband in this magazine." Now I'm thinking, you are definitely mistaking me for someone else. I was already preparing myself for his impending embarrassment which would make me have to come up with something witty and nice to say for why he's got the wrong person. Then lo and behold, he points to a picture barely bigger than a postage stamp of mine and David's mugshots at a Doha Tweetup. Seriously, I could hardly tell it was us, even with my glasses that I had to whip out. Back to my first thought, what a sales pitch. I hope David likes the piece of furniture that I bought :)



To read or leave comments, please click on the comments link below. Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love hearing your comments. Go ahead make my day, be it the good, the bad, or the ugly...