Our five year adventure in Doha, Qatar ended June 1, 2012, but the memories will always remain. It's back to Texas where I have decided...Qatar isn't cornering the market on "quirky", as I once believed. Thanks for opening my eyes to the world, Doha!

Sunday, July 17, 2011

Only in Texas

It's time to share some "Only in Texas" moments since I've been know to dish on Doha quite often. Fair is fair.

This little lady proudly waltzed into Las Palmas Mexican Food cafe sporting her pink rollers while Kristi and I were getting our fill of cheese enchiladas yesterday. Do you think she just forgot that they were in?

Can you say "Walmartian"?

WARNING: THE LINK ABOVE TO URBAN DICTIONARY CAN
BE A LITTLE LOT MORE COLORFUL THAN SOME WOULD LIKE


During the same visit, Kristi used the powder room and then suggested I take my turn, but to make sure I took my camera with me. Hmm, I didn't need to go, but I was too curious to pass up what she thought may be a good photo op.

What? Texas is not a third world country with inadequate plumbing. By the way, they meant what they said. No toilet paper was provided ensuring that you didn't bend the rules. For those from Doha wondering what the big deal is, no water hose thingamajig was provided either. Horrors!

To read or leave comments, please click on the comments link below. Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love hearing your comments. Go ahead make my day, be it the good, the bad, or the ugly...