Our five year adventure in Doha, Qatar ended June 1, 2012, but the memories will always remain. It's back to Texas where I have decided...Qatar isn't cornering the market on "quirky", as I once believed. Thanks for opening my eyes to the world, Doha!

Monday, March 14, 2011

Exfoliation~ Doha Style


So, guys, it was pretty much a no news day here in Doha, unless you count the nasty sandstorm that's been blowing all day. I've been a die hard walker these days, so I battled the storm. The good news is, I can cancel my full body exfoliation at the spa. The bad news is that my sand covered body turned to mud covered when the neighborhood's sprinkler system was caught by the turbulent winds and sprayed me, instead of its intended target. Hmm, cancel the mudpack, too, I reckon. That's a savings of a few riyals. Before I go, I just want to give a shout out to Qatar's Hot Chicken Restaurant for hiring the disabled...

Have a good one!

To read or leave comments, please click on the comments link below. Thanks!

3 comments:

  1. Spa treatments for free- sounds like my kind of place (lol)!!! I think my two children and I are finally moving to Doha in May. My husband has been there for a year. I really enjoy reading your blog and can't wait to get there. Change is good and it's going to be a huge change from Texas :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Julie! I know you must be excited to finally join your husband. I think you'll love it here. The city is truly transforming before our eyes into a modern metropolis while still maintaining its roots. Looking forward to hearing from you when you arrive! Word of warning: May is HOT! Haha, but you will survive it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are very excited! I'll definitely be in touch :)

    ReplyDelete

I always love hearing your comments. Go ahead make my day, be it the good, the bad, or the ugly...