Our five year adventure in Doha, Qatar ended June 1, 2012, but the memories will always remain. It's back to Texas where I have decided...Qatar isn't cornering the market on "quirky", as I once believed. Thanks for opening my eyes to the world, Doha!

Friday, December 31, 2010

It's Back to Doha

We're laying low on this last day of 2010 as we wind down our USA Christmas holidays. A few college bowl games and it'll be off to bed for us. 2011 will no doubt ring in on its own just fine without our help. Our 1~1~11 will involve airport security and airplane food as we head back to Doha. We will miss our visiting with family and friends but look forward to getting back into a routine and normalcy. Ok, maybe normalcy and Doha don't mix, but I love it all the same. Besides, I have a date with Federer and Nadal this week at the Qatar ExxonMobil Open. I also have tickets for a game at the Asian Cup (football/soccer) and then just around the corner it's the Qatar Masters (golf) and the WTA Qatar Ladies Open (tennis). Qatar plus winter equals surreal weather and lots of entertaining events. We'll do our best to take advantage. See y'all on the flipside, if I make it through my TSA screening, that is. :P
To read or leave comments, please click on the comments link below. Thanks!

1 comment:

  1. It was good seeing y'all. Have a safe trip back to Doha. See y'all this summer.

    ReplyDelete

I always love hearing your comments. Go ahead make my day, be it the good, the bad, or the ugly...