Our five year adventure in Doha, Qatar ended June 1, 2012, but the memories will always remain. It's back to Texas where I have decided...Qatar isn't cornering the market on "quirky", as I once believed. Thanks for opening my eyes to the world, Doha!

Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Expect Amazing


While I'm sitting in Texas, excitement is building in Qatar over the upcoming announcement of the World Cup 2022 host country. Even though the U.S. is in the running, you would never know it. It doesn't seem to be a big deal here in the states, but in Qatar it's all the buzz. Living in a country as small as Qatar, everything becomes personal to me. I watched the live final presentation this morning (streaming from Zurich) and I found Qatar's pitch to be pretty convincing and worthy of their "expect amazing" motto. Twitter was and still is on fire with the prospect of the tiny nation, that no one knows how to pronounce, of winning the bid. Yours truly, included. I don't know why I'm so passionate about the cause, as surely I won't live there in 2022. Maybe it's just my compassion for the underdog that drives me to cheer for my "other" hometown, or maybe it's that I know that Qatar can deliver what it promises. I'll be tuned in tomorrow morning for the announcement. I, for one, do Expect Amazing.


For Qatar's FIFA World Cup Bid Presentation 2022 ~ Click Here


To read or leave comments, please click on the comments link below. Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love hearing your comments. Go ahead make my day, be it the good, the bad, or the ugly...