Our five year adventure in Doha, Qatar ended June 1, 2012, but the memories will always remain. It's back to Texas where I have decided...Qatar isn't cornering the market on "quirky", as I once believed. Thanks for opening my eyes to the world, Doha!

Saturday, November 6, 2010

What, No Doha Ham?!


David and I threw caution to the wind today and removed the Jeep top, disregarding the newspapers forecast of rain today. I figured, what the heck, it might even help bring it on. Not. While out, we cruised over to Tex Mex Chinese to try out their breakfast. I was a little perplexed when we arrived at 10:45 a.m. and the sign on the door said closed with an opening time of 11:00 a.m. posted on the door. We were just there a couple of weeks ago and had checked out the "breakfast" menu. Doesn't that meal usually start somewhat before 11:00? Ok, I must remember, we are in Doha. The lady let us in even though we were early and had parked in the allotted spaces specifically marked "Costumers Parking Only", and we definitely weren't in costume. Close call. David skipped over the breakfast menu and ordered the chili covered hot dog that caught his eye. "Finished, sir." "Ok, how 'bout the brisket?". "Sorry, sir." While David started rethinking his order, I jumped in and said, "I'll have the quick two egg breakfast that comes with hash browns and Doha ham." "Don't have madame". "What do you have?" "Tacquitos and burritos." So, what are you waiting for, bring it on, is what I was thinking, but I calmly just ordered what she suggested instead. Even though, the egg, cheese, and jalapeno peppered tacquitos were really good, I was disappointed that I didn't get to find out exactly what the heck "Doha" ham* is. Bottom line: I think their extensive Chinese menu is their specialty, so don't go there expecting much anything of Tex or Mex. Enjoyed it in spite of it all. Hasta luego, baby!

We weren't the only ones having fun cruisin' with the top off today.

*Remember...no pork in Qatar ;)

Reckless~Alabama
To read or leave comments, please click on the comments link below. Thanks!

1 comment:

I always love hearing your comments. Go ahead make my day, be it the good, the bad, or the ugly...