Our five year adventure in Doha, Qatar ended June 1, 2012, but the memories will always remain. It's back to Texas where I have decided...Qatar isn't cornering the market on "quirky", as I once believed. Thanks for opening my eyes to the world, Doha!

Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Unofficially~Official: Winter is Here

It came, it saw, it conquered. Everyone has been waiting with bated breath for the arrival of the Doha rains that signal the official arrival of winter. The weather forecasters can rest easy now as their incessant predictions of impending rain have come to fruition. (I just thought my Jeep looked bad dusty!) Next announcement on tap will be to "get out your woolies". I'm going to be getting them out, but it won't be for Doha. It will be for our trip to Italy coming up this weekend. Yes, it's another Qatar holiday, so we'll exit the country as most expats do. How's it go...When in Rome? Yep, that's where we'll start and then on to Venice. Two days after we get back to Doha, it's off to the states for me, just in time for the Thanksgiving holidays. Hopefully, someone in the family is hosting a turkey dinner. Heck, I'll even settle for boudain balls at this point...hint, hint, Mark, Mike?? So, as usual, when I'm on the road, blogging will be hit and miss. So, what's new? Ciao!



Listen to the Rhythm of the Falling Rain~The Cascades


To read or leave comments, please click on the comments link below. Thanks!

2 comments:

  1. I'm now a "follower" of your blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm,is that a "follower" or a "stalker"?? Get off the fence, girl...shoot, that reminds me, I've got to go book a hotel room!

    ReplyDelete

I always love hearing your comments. Go ahead make my day, be it the good, the bad, or the ugly...