Our five year adventure in Doha, Qatar ended June 1, 2012, but the memories will always remain. It's back to Texas where I have decided...Qatar isn't cornering the market on "quirky", as I once believed. Thanks for opening my eyes to the world, Doha!

Saturday, November 27, 2010

Thanksgiving Celebrations

My Texas arrival last Monday night was to 80F degree weather making me feel as though I never left Doha. Two days later the temps dropped to the 30's reminding me of the cliche on our weather, "If you don't like the weather in Texas, wait a minute". That saying held true as it was from AC to heat in just that, a matter of minutes. Welcome home. We had our traditional Thanksgiving dinner this year with an added bonus of boudain balls. I ate my fair share since I don't think we'll see those anytime soon in Doha. While I was having my dinner, my hubby was celebrating a supposedly traditional dinner with some of our new Doha friends. I asked him how it was and his response was, "Well, it would be like eating dinner with Shea (our oldest son~age 27) and his friends". Instead of following up dinner with football, it was drinking games. Lol. One old man and a bunch of 20 somethings. Sounds quite "untraditional" to me or maybe just same same, but different. Hoping you and yours had a wonderful Thanksgiving, as well.

A Mexican food outing with Dustin, my mom, and Kayla.

(Shea was with us, but missed the pic,
while Miss Kristi is still in Angers France.)

To read or leave comments, please click on the comments link below. Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love hearing your comments. Go ahead make my day, be it the good, the bad, or the ugly...