Our five year adventure in Doha, Qatar ended June 1, 2012, but the memories will always remain. It's back to Texas where I have decided...Qatar isn't cornering the market on "quirky", as I once believed. Thanks for opening my eyes to the world, Doha!

Monday, November 1, 2010

Doha Tennis Showdown

Kim Clijsters~Wins WTA Doha 2010 Championship

David and I attended the Clijsters ~ Wozniacki Halloween showdown last night in Doha, and we were in for quite a treat while the players provided the tricks (sorry, I had to). We saw Denmark's, Caroline Wozniacki, last year at Doha's tournament but hadn't seen Belgium's, Kim Clijsters. Apparently, Kim had taken an early retirement at the whopping age of 24 in 2007, before Doha introduced us to the world of women's tennis. Must be nice. The impressive Clijsters is back in full force, as she took down world champion, Wozniacki, in a match that went three sets. Now, I can see why these ladies retired in their twenties. I'm exhausted just from watching them for four straight nights. Ciao!






























Elena Dementieva announces retirement in Doha,
after her loss to Francesca Schiavone


To read or leave comments, please click on the comments link below. Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love hearing your comments. Go ahead make my day, be it the good, the bad, or the ugly...