Our five year adventure in Doha, Qatar ended June 1, 2012, but the memories will always remain. It's back to Texas where I have decided...Qatar isn't cornering the market on "quirky", as I once believed. Thanks for opening my eyes to the world, Doha!

Tuesday, November 16, 2010

AWOL in Rome


Change in plans. David and I have decided to spend our entire Italy stay in Rome instead of training on to Venice this morning as planned. We felt a bit rushed and the whole idea of this vacation was to take everything at an easy pace...sort of like the gentleman in the pic on the right. I think we have hit every square inch of Rome by foot. We toured St Peter's Basilica and The Vatican yesterday and my gosh, I have never walked so much in my life. So much for leisure. Since we obviously hadn't walked enough, we took an alternate route on the way back and ended up, let's just say, no longer on the map. The positive side, burning up more calories and making more room for pasta, gelato and tiramisu. Bon Appetit!





















To read or leave comments, please click on the comments link below. Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love hearing your comments. Go ahead make my day, be it the good, the bad, or the ugly...