Our five year adventure in Doha, Qatar ended June 1, 2012, but the memories will always remain. It's back to Texas where I have decided...Qatar isn't cornering the market on "quirky", as I once believed. Thanks for opening my eyes to the world, Doha!

Sunday, October 3, 2010

Tennis Pros & Ams

It's that time of year when all the excitement of the upcoming tennis tournaments is bubbling about. The Sony Ericsson Championship is headed our way October 26 with the crowning of a new 2010 women's tennis champion in Doha on October 31. I've got my front and center tickets in hand for the last four nights of action. So far, Caroline Wozniacki, Serena Williams, Kim Clijsters, and Vera Zvonareva have qualified with four more slots remaining to be filled. Total prize payout=$4.5 million dollars.

While the payout on the following tournament is not quite as grand, I'm sure it will prove to be entertaining, if not comical at times. The Qatar Petroleum ~ Qatar Chemical Tennis Tournament made its inaugural debut this weekend at Khalifa Stadium and will crown a winner after next weekend's play. Hubby, David, and coworkers are showcasing their skills and sometimes, unfortunately, lack of. I give them all kudos for taking the courts and giving it their best shot. You don't see me out there! Let us pray for limited bodily damage, as some of the participants are, well, let's just say, not as young as they used to be. Total prize payout=Pride. Go Q-Chem!


To read or leave comments, please click on the comments link below. Thanks!

2 comments:

  1. Trust me, you don't! I couldn't do that to your dad ;)

    (hmmm, or could I?)

    ReplyDelete

I always love hearing your comments. Go ahead make my day, be it the good, the bad, or the ugly...