Our five year adventure in Doha, Qatar ended June 1, 2012, but the memories will always remain. It's back to Texas where I have decided...Qatar isn't cornering the market on "quirky", as I once believed. Thanks for opening my eyes to the world, Doha!

Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Give it a Rest, France

This tweet from Kristi about sums it up...


Who would have ever thought that I'd ever give a rat's patooty about the comings and goings of French politics. The extent of my France thought process is sipping lattes and nibbling on croissants. Well, that was until it got personal. It seems that Kristi has found herself in the middle of French history, a piece of history that she could do without. Simply put, the government is on the verge of bankruptcy and its financial woes could possibly be lessened if the retirement age were raised from 60 to 62*. Gasp. Come on France, your life expectancy these days is a few points shy of 81. Are you seriously planning on lounging in the French Riviera for twenty years on the government's dime? Never mind, don't answer that. Forgive me for sounding a bit perturbed, but my baby girl is in your fine country with a train and plane ticket to exit on Friday, but with all the striking and rioting, it's becoming more unlikely that her exodus to Qatar will happen. All that mother and daughter bonding, aka shopping and eating, is becoming a distant dream. Suck it up France. I have a daughter to catch up with.


*Yes, surely there's more to it, but I'm not sure what.


Do you think that these kids wreaking all the havoc have any idea of what they are protesting?


To read or leave comments, please click on the comments link below. Thanks!

1 comment:

  1. That video is unbelievable. I don't picture that in France. Hope all settles down and returns to normal and Kristi gets to make her trip.

    ReplyDelete

I always love hearing your comments. Go ahead make my day, be it the good, the bad, or the ugly...