Our five year adventure in Doha, Qatar ended June 1, 2012, but the memories will always remain. It's back to Texas where I have decided...Qatar isn't cornering the market on "quirky", as I once believed. Thanks for opening my eyes to the world, Doha!

Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Winding Down

David and I made a weekend run to our old home town of "The Groves" for one last visit before we head back to Doha this coming Friday. I have to admit I had a little too much fun at the expense of some lucky family members as I was rummaging through old family pics. It's amazing what you can do if you have a scanner and a Facebook account. I did use some restraint, but had a little trouble when I ran across a couple of pics of my now forty something year old brother dressed as a girl in his much younger days. Sorry about that control breakdown, Mark.

After doing all the damage I could do while reminiscing, we headed to Nacogdoches for a quick visit with Kayla at her new stomping grounds. She's loving her new SFA job and life is good. While in town, we stayed at The Jones House which is a gorgeous bed and breakfast establishment. It was built in 1897 and has since been restored to its original grandeur. We soaked up its Victorian ambiance and enjoyed our time with Kayla. We're back in Kyle now for a couple of more days with Kristi and Dustin soaking up our last drops of Texas as our U.S. trek winds down.

To read or leave comments, please click on the comments link below. Thanks!

4 comments:

  1. All of those old pictures made me smile...esp the one of mark :)

    That is one beautiful bed and breakfast...I can just see you two little love birds fluttering around that place.

    I can not beleive it is already time for you to go back. Wow...that went fast. Hope you have a safe and peaceful trip! lala

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tammy Mansveld7/14/10, 5:47 PM

    Hmmm.....no trip to St. E's I see....we do miss seeing yall!
    Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is one fine B&B. Wish I had got to see a little more of David. Didn't visit much with him at the family reunion. Had I known you were going to Mom's, I would have adjusted my time that I went. Hope y'all have a safe trip back to Qatar.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad I did get to see you, Lori! It was fun :)

    I know, Tammy...guilty as charged :( I cannot believe we didn't make it there. We won't let that happen, again!

    I had my hand on the phone to call you when we were on our way, Regina, but felt guilty about guilting you into staying longer. You know how that hindsight saying goes.

    ReplyDelete

I always love hearing your comments. Go ahead make my day, be it the good, the bad, or the ugly...