Our five year adventure in Doha, Qatar ended June 1, 2012, but the memories will always remain. It's back to Texas where I have decided...Qatar isn't cornering the market on "quirky", as I once believed. Thanks for opening my eyes to the world, Doha!

Thursday, July 29, 2010

Oh, The Crystal Chandeliers

Here's a party tent in the making that we recently spotted. It's not an unusual Doha sighting by any means, but this one caught my eye when I saw something shiny flash. Are those chandeliers? Yes, indeedy, my friends. No cutting corners here. Whatever happened to Coleman lanterns or dangling light bulbs?


These crystal contraptions seem to be standard fare in Qatar. I thought it was a bit over the top when we moved into our villa and saw chandeliers* hanging in the bedrooms, but in tents?! No telling what will adorn the inner tent flaps once it is completed.

*I see that I need to get the village villa people in here to change out some bulbs. As I went through the bedrooms to snap a pic, this one had the least amount out! (Said, embarrassingly.)


Crystal Chandelier ~ Charlie Pride



To read or leave comments, please click on the comments link below. Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love hearing your comments. Go ahead make my day, be it the good, the bad, or the ugly...