Our five year adventure in Doha, Qatar ended June 1, 2012, but the memories will always remain. It's back to Texas where I have decided...Qatar isn't cornering the market on "quirky", as I once believed. Thanks for opening my eyes to the world, Doha!

Sunday, May 16, 2010

Ssssh, No Singing, Please

My Doha peeps are dropping like flies. As the company's projects are coming to fruition, it seems as though a mass exodus is occurring. It's not quite that bad, but the marked out names on our CPChem wives phone list is starting to overtake the unmarked. The latest casualty or winner (however one chooses to see it!) is Gina of Gina and Michael on my blog list. She and her hubby, Michael, and daughter, Kelsey, are set to leave in July, and I wish for them a smooth and easy transition. From all indications of most that have left before us, it is a bittersweet moment when the time arrives. Have I seen it all? Have I traveled everywhere I wanted? Can I live without a nanny? Do I need to purchase one more Persian rug? Was I really supposed to eat camel while I was here? Should I flash a Land Cruiser just once (ok, for the 5th time) before moving on? Can I ever mop a kitchen floor, again, without a man maid? You know, really serious concerns. I often wonder how I'll feel when the time comes for our adventure to end. I have searched for the answers of late, just in case that proverbial fat lady does start singing. Will I be sad, happy, relieved? I can't really be sure, but I'm thinking I'd just like her to keep her pie hole shut, for now, anyway.


A Whole Lot of Leaving ~ Bon Jovi

To read or leave comments, please click on the comments link below. Thanks!

1 comment:

  1. Too sweet! It is surely bittersweet! You can never see enough, earn enough or buy enough! So for now the chapter closes for us. However, we are anxious to get back to Houston and try to live a "normal" life! One that includes Pappasitos and Target!

    ReplyDelete

I always love hearing your comments. Go ahead make my day, be it the good, the bad, or the ugly...