Our five year adventure in Doha, Qatar ended June 1, 2012, but the memories will always remain. It's back to Texas where I have decided...Qatar isn't cornering the market on "quirky", as I once believed. Thanks for opening my eyes to the world, Doha!

Thursday, May 20, 2010

Invasion of the Caterpillars

...should be the warning sign posted on Tx 21 heading out of Bastrop. Kayla and I thought our eyes were playing tricks on us when we both spotted a tiny something scurrying across the highway on our road trip to Nacogdoches on Tuesday. I really hesitate to use the word scurry to refer to a caterpillar's gait, but that's exactly what it was doing, along with the hundreds that we saw thereafter. The thought of squishing those little creatures was unnerving for me regardless of how much I loathe fuzzy worms (or nonfuzzy for that matter). Part of me died every time we rolled over one, so I started dodging them. I had to stop that nonsense as there was a motorcyclist in front of us that was surely contemplating calling 911 about the driving impaired wacko behind him. Thank goodness the caterpillar migration finally came to a halt so that I could put my murderous ways behind me.

Of course, we had to pullover to verify what we were actually seeing!

Groovy Grubworm ~ Harlow Wilcox
To read or leave comments, please click on the comments link below. Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love hearing your comments. Go ahead make my day, be it the good, the bad, or the ugly...