Our five year adventure in Doha, Qatar ended June 1, 2012, but the memories will always remain. It's back to Texas where I have decided...Qatar isn't cornering the market on "quirky", as I once believed. Thanks for opening my eyes to the world, Doha!

Friday, April 23, 2010

Chicks Tweet Up #1

No doubt, one of the greatest enlightenments I will have received during my gig in Qatar is realizing that even though we come from different lands and cultures, we are all cut from the same cloth.

What do you get when you cross a couple of Brits, a South African, a German, a Pakistani, an Indian, a Texan, a Michigander and then throw in some Christian, a little Hindu, and a helping of Muslim? Gosh, I hope I got all that right?!

A melting pot of a great time is what you get. A group of us gathered today at Colombiano Coffee for Doha's first female only Tweet-up. Sorry guys, there may have been a bit of gender bias, but a little sisterly bonding was in order. Already looking forward to our next meeting!

To read or leave comments, please click on the comments link below. Thanks!

2 comments:

  1. You spelt Pakistani wrong!

    ReplyDelete
  2. duh! Is that what that red squiggly line was for?! Thanks, I certainly didn't catch that. No offense to anyone :-)

    ReplyDelete

I always love hearing your comments. Go ahead make my day, be it the good, the bad, or the ugly...