Our five year adventure in Doha, Qatar ended June 1, 2012, but the memories will always remain. It's back to Texas where I have decided...Qatar isn't cornering the market on "quirky", as I once believed. Thanks for opening my eyes to the world, Doha!

Friday, April 2, 2010

Rock On, Marcus

As I sit here in Qatar on this Good Friday, I'm at a loss for words or witticisms. A dear friend, that I've never even met lost her husband to melanoma yesterday. How can she be a friend if we've never even met? I guess not so differently than many of you that read this blog feel like you know me, and you probably do because I pretty much speak my mind and who I am resonates. Well, the same is for Mindy of Melanomawife.blogspot.com. I started following Mindy's plight when Kellie, a friend of mine from Texas asked me to pray for her niece and husband. Mindy, her husband Marcus, and their two young daughters were battling to win the fight against Marcus' melanoma. Mindy was such a warrior during the fight, putting her trust and faith solely in God. Victory was her cry. I followed her story closely as if I were fighting the horrible disease myself, but at the same time thanked God that I wasn't. I'd find myself praying fiercely for their family during my evening walks. I specifically prayed for their acceptance of God's will,whatever that might entail. Easy for me, I know, again it wasn't me. It's so hard to understand what God has in store for us and why things happen as they do. I just hope that when my time for such trials and tribulations comes that I can have a fragment of the trust and faith that Mindy had during Marcus' life and even in his death. Marcus didn't lose his fight. He has been raised up in eternal life. Rock on, Marcus, rock on.


You Raise Me Up ~ Westlife


To read or leave comments, please click on the comments link below. Thanks!


6 comments:

  1. Hello, Sybil. So sorry to hear about Mindy and the loss of her husband, Marcus. I got chills while reading about it. What an inspiration she must be to those around her. God is amazing and I'm sure he will bring peace & comfort to them in their time of need. I will keep them all in my thoughts & prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, guys. You are two are prime examples of people reaching out without knowing them.

    Crista, I look forward to meeting you when you make your move to Doha this August.

    Doug, who knows if or when our paths may cross. You never know!

    I will pass on your condolences. Thanks, again.

    Happy Easter to you both.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sybil-I love you and thank you much. Kel

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh, I just found out his last name. I knew him! He worked with me at the gas station. He was a really nice guy. My heart and prayers go out to his family.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness, I remember y'all always talking about Marcus. I never had a reason to connect the two. I guess Dad, Mike and Mark knew him, as well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lori Humphrey4/5/10, 4:49 PM

    that is sooo sweet sybil. it is true...we are all connected some kind of way. mindy and marcus are and always be one amazing family in my eyes. i pray to have as much faith as them. they touch so many...and i know their journey will continue.

    ReplyDelete

I always love hearing your comments. Go ahead make my day, be it the good, the bad, or the ugly...