Our five year adventure in Doha, Qatar ended June 1, 2012, but the memories will always remain. It's back to Texas where I have decided...Qatar isn't cornering the market on "quirky", as I once believed. Thanks for opening my eyes to the world, Doha!

Thursday, April 8, 2010

Just Ramblings

Doha's skyline is really coming to life these days as David and I noted on a leisurely walk Tuesday night. I'd like to take advantage of more of those beautiful evenings with mild temps before the mercury starts rising, but I'm afraid the project that called us to Qatar in the first place has other plans. They're still trying to get their unit up and running which will require quite a few more late nights. By that time, I hopefully (if I ever buy my ticket!) will be in the states, while David will be country hopping in Asia on a recruiting trip (Malaysia, Indonesia, and the Philippines). I will gladly miss out on that trek to make Kayla's graduation in Austin, but it would have been nice if they wouldn't have overlapped. David will join us in the states some time after his trip, which reminds me...the spontaneous vacation with the kids is on the back burner. The stress of planning it in a short amount of time with such a small time frame to work with was getting the best of me. I mulled over an email I received from Doha friend, Gina, that suggested I bribe the girls with a shopping spree, instead. Hey, not bad. And, so I did. Kayla accepted the offer graciously and hopefully has convinced Kristi to do the same. And Dustin, well, it's Dustin, we keep him in the dark unless otherwise necessary, so he didn't even know there was a possibility he was going to be whisked off to bask in Bali. Bottom line: Now I get more time in the USA. Gotta go. I'm off to work for my last day and then it's summer break. Woohoo!



To read or leave comments, please click on the comments link below. Thanks!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love hearing your comments. Go ahead make my day, be it the good, the bad, or the ugly...