Our five year adventure in Doha, Qatar ended June 1, 2012, but the memories will always remain. It's back to Texas where I have decided...Qatar isn't cornering the market on "quirky", as I once believed. Thanks for opening my eyes to the world, Doha!

Sunday, February 28, 2010

Showdown in Vancouver Town

I don't even follow hockey, but in a photoshopping frenzy messing with the tweeple I follow, I somehow ended up in uniform. So it is that the men's Olympic USA and Canada teams are meeting on the ice tonight (11:00pm Qatar time) to fight for the gold. I'm from Texas, people, not hardly ice hockey country. The limit of me ever witnessing a hockey game was years ago in Beaumont, Texas. David had free tickets to a semi pro team that we had at the time, maybe called the Wildcatters? Can't remember and don't feel like Googling it. Anyway, I found the fans to be the most vile people I had ever seen. All they wanted was blood. They literally begged for the fighting on the ice and cheered to the heavens when it occured. I wasn't in tune with them then, and I'm not sure if I am now, but I'll give it a whirl and represent the red, white, and blue from my sand lot over here.
Representing TEAM USA from Qatar will be moi

Representing Team Canada will be Canada's @meredithwrogers (also residing in the desert)

Let's get ready to RUMBLE!!!

thoughts
To read or leave comments, please click on the thoughts box above. Thanks!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love hearing your comments. Go ahead make my day, be it the good, the bad, or the ugly...