Our five year adventure in Doha, Qatar ended June 1, 2012, but the memories will always remain. It's back to Texas where I have decided...Qatar isn't cornering the market on "quirky", as I once believed. Thanks for opening my eyes to the world, Doha!

Tuesday, December 8, 2009

When Cultures Collide


For those interested in knowing what it would be like for an American non Muslim woman to be married to a Muslim Saudi Arabian and living in his homeland, this interview found on a blog titled "Ghada's World" may provide answers to questions that you have. Personally, I found it quite insightful, although tinged with a bit of sadness. Ghada, who lives in the USA interviewed fellow blogger Susie of Saudi Arabia who has her own blog called Susie's Big Adventure that chronicles her life in the Kingdom. I drop in on Susie every now and then not only for her content, but for the great selection of music that her playlist offers. Click here to read the interview. Even though Qatar is known to be more liberal than Saudi, I'm sure American women married to Qatari men have some of the same issues that Susie has. I guess the bottom line is that love has no boundaries, but look before you leap.


thoughts
To read or leave comments, please click on the thoughts box above. Thanks!


2 comments:

  1. Hi Sybil - Gee, I just saw this post - thanks! I'm glad to read you like the music (I love it too, of course!), because I recently got a comment saying that she thought it was "maudlin." I did have Aqualung and other more similar music on my playlist before, but I find it easier to concentrate and read when the music is less distracting - so I revised my playlist. Anyway, I'm doing well and appreciate this post. I got a kick out of some of your own adventures too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel like I've had a celebrity drop in :) It is nice to run across a post elsewhere that's a perfect fit for your own blog. A little writer's relief! Your welcome and thank YOU. Keep on keepin' on, girl!

    ReplyDelete

I always love hearing your comments. Go ahead make my day, be it the good, the bad, or the ugly...