Our five year adventure in Doha, Qatar ended June 1, 2012, but the memories will always remain. It's back to Texas where I have decided...Qatar isn't cornering the market on "quirky", as I once believed. Thanks for opening my eyes to the world, Doha!

Friday, December 25, 2009

Merry Christmas!

A blast from the past

All the kids were with me to spend Christmas Eve with my parents and family in Southeast, Texas as David celebrated back in Doha with Burger King delivery. Somehow I don't think a Whopper can compare with my sister, Regina's, crawfish etouffee , brother Mike's good ol' traditional Velveeta cheese dip or the rest of the Christmas goodies that we shared. We got back to Kyle at 12:30 this morning and are now heading to the airport to spend Christmas with David's parents in Tennessee. We'll arrive back in Texas on the 29th and then Kristi and I will board a plane back to Doha on the 30th. No rest for the weary, I tell you. Looking forward!


Merry Christmas, Everyone!



thoughts
To read or leave comments, please click on the thoughts box above. Thanks!


3 comments:

  1. Merry Christmas! You missed Christmas songs on Doha radio!!! WOW! I wish we had known about David (hoping that was joke)...that is no way to spend Christmas! Even Bennigans would have been better than that! ;-( K and I are heading to the states tomorrow! We'll see you in 2 months!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I do hate missing the Christmas scene in Doha. It's so interesting to see what they add from year to year. It is true, David did have BK delivery on Christmas Eve, but not to worry, he spent Christmas afternoon with friends in the pink villas. You and Miss K have fun on your journey home!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whew, just reading this post is wearing me out! We did our usual Christmas Eve at David's, then Christmas Day at Melissa's. We were talking about you on Christmas Day; they really enjoyed your visit with Jan's group. Have a safet rest of your trip!

    ReplyDelete

I always love hearing your comments. Go ahead make my day, be it the good, the bad, or the ugly...