Our five year adventure in Doha, Qatar ended June 1, 2012, but the memories will always remain. It's back to Texas where I have decided...Qatar isn't cornering the market on "quirky", as I once believed. Thanks for opening my eyes to the world, Doha!

Sunday, December 13, 2009

Meet "The Office"

"Oh, yeah, we have great food in Texas, too, Syb. Take a picture for Qatar!" I guess I just thought that went without saying, but Kellie wanted it documented for posterity. Good point, Kel! The office gang from my pre-Doha life had their office Christmas party this weekend at Larry's French Market in Groves, Texas and graciously invited me. Great Cajun food abounded with a top notch zydeco band playing as I caught up with friends that I hadn't seen in over two years. The weird thing was, it was like we hadn't missed a beat. Rumor has it that my old desk is still referred to as "Sybil's desk", even though I've been off the clock going on three years. I am honored. I do miss working and playing with such a great group of people. Thank you, Ms. Jan Girouard, along with all your associates for the wonderful memories you've given me!

Part of the JGA gang...some of the main cast left before I took pictures :(

Note to the BFF of the OFF: We missed you, Konnie!



thoughts
To read or leave comments, please click on the thoughts box above. Thanks!


6 comments:

  1. Nothin' better than good ol' fried food, friends and zydeco. Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We enjoyed seeing you this past weekend and were glad you were able to make it. If only there had been a way for you to meet Bella. Maybe next time. I enjoyed talking with David, and I am now working on Lana more than ever to at least visit if nothing else. :) Keep writing, keep taking pictures, and keep going to football games! See you nest time. Ayeee!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't wait to get back to Larry's. Used to take mom there for gumbo every time we visited.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We enjoyed catching up with you and Lana, as well, Chris. I would LOVE for y'all to visit us in Doha. Just get there & the rest is on us :D

    Fran & Karen, I still hope to see you somehow, but time is getting short. I will be in Austin area the rest of the week & weekend if you are so inclined! Come one, come all!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Would love to go to Austin, but this is CRAZY time trying to get Christmas all done. I wasn't expecting to try to see you this trip, but maybe the next time you're down. We'll be heading to Groves for our annual Christmas Even party at David & Gayle's; will probably come home Saturday morning. Have a fun rest of your trip!!

    ReplyDelete

I always love hearing your comments. Go ahead make my day, be it the good, the bad, or the ugly...