Our five year adventure in Doha, Qatar ended June 1, 2012, but the memories will always remain. It's back to Texas where I have decided...Qatar isn't cornering the market on "quirky", as I once believed. Thanks for opening my eyes to the world, Doha!

Sunday, November 1, 2009

Tennis, Again?


Serena vs Venus in the Doha Sony Ericsson Tournament finals...could it get any better than that? Well, I guess if you were "un"American, it could. We whittled down our six hour event from Friday night to just under four last night. Venus Williams beat out Jelena Jankovic in the first scheduled semifinal match and Caroline Wozniacki bowed out to Serena Williams with an injury early in their match. I have to say I was secretly rooting for the Danish Wozniacki. Maybe it's just the fact that she's only nineteen and tennis is still a passion for her and not a job. I mean, she breaks out into a grin when she makes a great play...such a breath of fresh air. We skipped out on the doubles that followed so that we would not be in tennis overload before tonight's finals. Check ya later!












To read or leave comments, please click on the
thoughts box. thoughts


1 comment:

  1. Great pics. I'd love to see either of the Williams girls play.

    ReplyDelete

I always love hearing your comments. Go ahead make my day, be it the good, the bad, or the ugly...