Our five year adventure in Doha, Qatar ended June 1, 2012, but the memories will always remain. It's back to Texas where I have decided...Qatar isn't cornering the market on "quirky", as I once believed. Thanks for opening my eyes to the world, Doha!

Friday, November 13, 2009

Excuses, Excuses

Some of you have expressed great some concern over me taking on a little extracurricular activities here, aka job. It seems that your worries are over me not being able to blab as much as I would if I were otherwise unoccupied. Well your concerns may be justified. Example: Qatari Kong post. I must confess that there are actually two reasons for the short posts of late...the job (the lesser of the two) and the fact that I've been in Doha for over two years and am well beyond the newbie stage (surely I've said it all by now!). Other than those two barriers, I'll trudge along regardless of the length of the entries and see what I can come up with for my die hard groupies. So to keep you in the loop, I'll share some of my work experiences, as well, which brings me to...

Things I've learned from my new photographer/mentor boss lady (Insert plug here):

"Come early, stay late." I wish she was kidding, but she's brutal.

Calling in "no car" is not an excused absence. I think the quote was , "Get a driver".

Homemade lunch is part of the workday. Not all expats eat out every night. Some have their fridges packed with leftovers!

Saving new work over a previously created photoshop template is grounds for immediate termination. Her mouth didn't tell me that, but her eyes did.

Daily interruptions of folks with beautiful babies dropping in to pick up orders and view proofs can be a nice distraction.

Sherry can make ugly people look beautiful. Really.

And my favorite lesson learned, thus far...latte is much better with cinnamon and chocolate sprinkles...every sip should be special, because I deserve it.

Tootles!



thoughts
To read or leave comments, please click on the thoughts box above. Thanks!


1 comment:

  1. The latte looks delicious-right down to the beautiful cup and saucer it sits in.

    ReplyDelete

I always love hearing your comments. Go ahead make my day, be it the good, the bad, or the ugly...