Our five year adventure in Doha, Qatar ended June 1, 2012, but the memories will always remain. It's back to Texas where I have decided...Qatar isn't cornering the market on "quirky", as I once believed. Thanks for opening my eyes to the world, Doha!

Saturday, November 28, 2009

A Big Fat Thanks

Fat and happy is how the saying goes, and that we are. We had a great Thanksgiving meal and aftermeal that would have appeased the pickiest of appetites. It was a good time, but I'm glad to slow down a bit on those leftovers and desserts. Hopefully we all render our thanks more than once a year, but I am so thankful that there is only one official holiday. If I kept up at this pace, I wouldn't be able to get into my belly dancing outfit. Somehow though, between all the turkey trimmings, we've managed to make two trips to our favorite local Tex-Mex food hangout, Casa Ole. We'll wrap up this leg of our eating tour tomorrow after a birthday visit with my dad. We'll head back to Kyle for a day and then it's Tennessee bound to visit with David's family. I've really had a hankering for my father-in-law's vegetable soup. I somehow missed out on it this past summer. I know it was hot, but we could have cranked up the air, Bill. Please, don't make me beg this visit (but, I will if I have to).

thoughts
To read or leave comments, please click on the thoughts box above. Thanks!


1 comment:

  1. Hi! I just wanted to thank you - I used your curvy belly dancer picture in my blog today. It's nice to hear you are having fun in the Middle East - my dad lives in SA right now so it feels nice to hear about people enjoying themselves in the area.

    ReplyDelete

I always love hearing your comments. Go ahead make my day, be it the good, the bad, or the ugly...