Our five year adventure in Doha, Qatar ended June 1, 2012, but the memories will always remain. It's back to Texas where I have decided...Qatar isn't cornering the market on "quirky", as I once believed. Thanks for opening my eyes to the world, Doha!

Sunday, October 25, 2009

Kitten Showdown

It's the battle of the kittens here in the Knox Doha household. In the top left (catty) corner representing Sybil is the cutest kitten ever. "Ever" would include the whole of Riviera Gardens. In the opposing bottom right (catty) corner representing the pink villa master, David, is a kitty a bit lacking in the looks department. They are vying for the top cat position or who gets to stay indoors and wreak holy terror in our home. Don't even think it. I do not run a multi cat household. So, just how did we end up trial testing two kittens? The orange kitten followed me home the other day, so I fed his scrawny little body. David came home and let him have the run of the house, but then I tossed him out back and he ran off. David was a bit forlorn afterward so I reminded him of that old high school boyfriend/girlfriend saying, "if you love someone set them free, if they come back to you they are yours, if they do not, they never were". Haha, we shall see. My evil heart thought the cat was pretty ugly, anyway. So, I enlisted my man maid to corral me a kitten in the neighborhood that David and I had run across during an evening walk. In the meantime, ugly kitten spotted us night before last on another walk and David coaxed him home. He fed him and let him stay overnight. Yesterday morning the doorbell rang and it was a special delivery of the charcoal grey kitten we had seen a few nights before. While David was retrieving him from our man maid, I was tossing the orange one out the back door. So, we've gotten ourselves in a pickle. There will be only one winner. I guess we'll name the inside cat Lucky and the outside cat....hmm, I don't know, the Scrawniest Loser? Aww, that's not nice. Later.
I just can't imagine who the lucky cat will be?!

thoughts
To read or leave comments, please click on the thoughts box above. Thanks!



3 comments:

  1. You need two cats, Syb! The gray one reminds me of our now departed Molly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can see this isn't a NO SPIN ZONE!

    ReplyDelete
  3. He or she's got a sibling that looks just like it...maybe I can ship it your way!

    Shea, do you see an O'Reilly sticker stamped on my forehead??

    ReplyDelete

I always love hearing your comments. Go ahead make my day, be it the good, the bad, or the ugly...