Our five year adventure in Doha, Qatar ended June 1, 2012, but the memories will always remain. It's back to Texas where I have decided...Qatar isn't cornering the market on "quirky", as I once believed. Thanks for opening my eyes to the world, Doha!

Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Is There a Doctor in the House?!

You know, I often wonder what David and I did in the evenings a couple of years back, before we landed in the desert. The crazy years of raising four children were dwindling as we were down to only Kristi in the house. Our evening routine consisted of deciding where we were going to eat out or perhaps where we were going to drive through. Worst case scenario, I would cook. It's pretty much the same here, but it seems like something is missing. Since being in Doha, after nourishing our bodies we mechanically plop down on the couch. David channel surfs while I Internet surf. What a rut. What exactly did we used to do? Well, I'm a little embarrassed to say. Every night after dinner we'd get situated on the sofa, look at each other in anticipation, and say, "yah ready?". Then we'd bust out the Nintendo 64, pop in Dr Mario, and play until our eyes burned. Oh, those were the days. What I'd give to bring that back. You think I'm kidding?! I'm serious. Anyone out there have one they would part with? Code Blue for Dr Mario!





thoughts
To read comments, please click on the thoughts box above. Thanks!


4 comments:

  1. I just read the update requesting foster parents for some of the remaining dogs at the vet clinic that was affected by the QAWS tragedy. I think you and David should adopt one of those angels....it would keep you busy in the evenings and you would always have a walking partner.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We know it's not at all the same, but we have Mario Kart for our Wii, and you guys are welcome to come over and give it a try. We hadn't played Dr. Mario before, but since it's apparently a lot like Tetris, which Ella loved, I think we'll have to track down the Wii version.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Karen...Sykes ruined me of wanting future pets! I'll pass :)

    Steve..."Here we gooo!" I'm old school. I cannot master the "wii" version with a steering wheel on Mario Kart (even if i'm Peach). I'm all over the road, kinda like Doha driving! Thanks, for the offer, though.

    Lucy...Oh, you're good! But, I'm a social gamer...I never play alone. Besides, the whole point is to get myself OFF the computer!!!

    ReplyDelete

I always love hearing your comments. Go ahead make my day, be it the good, the bad, or the ugly...