Our five year adventure in Doha, Qatar ended June 1, 2012, but the memories will always remain. It's back to Texas where I have decided...Qatar isn't cornering the market on "quirky", as I once believed. Thanks for opening my eyes to the world, Doha!

Saturday, September 26, 2009

Germany Comes to an End

We arrived back in Doha late last night after a very successful trip. We couldn't have gotten lost if we had tried with the GPS guiding us. Well, that's if you don't count our side trip to France. Actually, I guess we weren't technically lost, we just didn't realize that our route was going to lead us there. Nonetheless, we have lots of memories, lots of pics and lots of momentum to plan our next car trip. The freedom it allowed was great. I still have oodles of pics in my camera to download. If you can stand it, I'll be sharing a few more in the next day or so. Cheers.
Road scenes driving to Fussen
Getting ready to hike up to Neuschwanstein Castle near Fussen.
Neuschwanstein Castle
View from the castle area
Another view from castle area
My fearless leader guiding me through Germany. Oops! We didn't notice that the ferry we crossed over the Rhine on was actually taking us to France. Ok, so a little side trip.


thoughts
To read comments, please click on the thoughts box above. Thanks!


2 comments:

  1. Hey, if you're gonna take a side trip, why not France?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, the weather looks fabulous. I sat through a soccer game in what felt like 100 degree plus heat! The things we do for kids!

    ReplyDelete

I always love hearing your comments. Go ahead make my day, be it the good, the bad, or the ugly...