Our five year adventure in Doha, Qatar ended June 1, 2012, but the memories will always remain. It's back to Texas where I have decided...Qatar isn't cornering the market on "quirky", as I once believed. Thanks for opening my eyes to the world, Doha!

Thursday, September 10, 2009

CRS Can Really Stink

No time for chatting today.  I have to clean house, again, to ready for my cleaning guy.  Geez, now I have to unpack my suitcase from my summer jaunt to the U.S.  I guess I was going to have to eventually unpack it, anyway, since I do have to repack for our holiday excursion next week (still in the planning stages!).  Speaking of holidays, here's the  update on my camera battery charger woes.  I showed up on Monday as instructed at Salam Mall, and lo and behold they did have a charger in stock for my camera.  I purchased it and was out the door in five minutes.  Hmm, that was way too easy.  What gives?  I got it home and put my battery on to charge and it showed a full charge after only a few seconds.  It did say "quick charge" on the box, but seconds?  I popped it in my camera and it was deader than a doornail*.  I boxed up the charger  and headed back to the Nikon dealer to speak to him about my defective charger.  It was a no go. The charger was fine. Yes, David somehow (which he claims he has no understanding of how or why) blew up my battery when he tried one of his homemade contraptions to reenergize it.  He's one for two, but I'll keep him, anyway. Now I've spent QR 140 for a charger  and QR 150 for a battery (79.64 in USD to be exact) all because of my CRS** syndrome.  Do you think I can file that on my health care? Oh, Obaaaaama!

*Deader than a doornail...where the heck did that phrase come from?  Click here to find out!

**Can't Remember Squat (polite form)





thoughts





 
To read  or leave comments, please click on the thoughts box above. Thanks!

2 comments:

  1. When are you unveiling the vacation plans??? I'm so jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, that's for me to know & you to find out. Oh, wait, you little stinker. You did that when you called! It was good hearing your voice :D

    ReplyDelete

I always love hearing your comments. Go ahead make my day, be it the good, the bad, or the ugly...