Our five year adventure in Doha, Qatar ended June 1, 2012, but the memories will always remain. It's back to Texas where I have decided...Qatar isn't cornering the market on "quirky", as I once believed. Thanks for opening my eyes to the world, Doha!

Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Coming To Doha

Doha is going to break into action now that Ramadan and EID have come to an end. There's lots of stuff on the books, so no reason for the naysayers to talk about how there's nothing to do in Qatar. To do it, you have to get off your hiney (note to self). Here's a little taste of what's coming up:

Look who's in concert in Doha. Wow, the guys of Air Supply are definitely aging, and I'm not so sure it's "gracefully". But then again, they are from my day. Ouch. Who can forget "All Out of Love". I didn't ask, "who wants to forget?"! Be nice. Anyway, they'll be gracing Qatar with their presence on October 15th.

Confession: After listening to their old tunes, I did get a little "lost in the love" of the '70's music scene.

The Sony Ericsson Tour returns to Doha for a tournament from October 27th to November 1st bringing all our favorite women's tennis pros. The tickets are always plentiful and cheap which makes for a great outing in Doha's awesome October weather. Rumors have it that tickets go on sale TODAY! I'll be there for sure.

update: booth at Landmark now indicates tickets will go on sale Monday. Insha'alah.

The Doha Tribeca Film Festival will be on tap October 29th - November 1st. They released their much anticipated film program yesterday. Check it out at their website. It's looking good!



Brazil vs England! Coming to Qatar on November 14th (date tentative) according to Fifa's website for a friendly match. I've yet to see a "friendly" soccer match with the exception of AC Milan playing Qatar last year here in Doha. That was apples and oranges. I cannot imagine emotions not running high any time these two meet on the field.
more from Qatar News Agency



It has been officially announced that the ABRA Unlimited Hydroplane World Championship, which will now be known as the Oryx Cup, will be held in Qatar from November 19th through November 21st. Sounds like a photo op to me! I'm sure to be there.



Ok, no reason to be sitting around pouting! Get out there and experience what the desert has to offer! Later, people!


thoughts
To read comments, please click on the thoughts box above. Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love hearing your comments. Go ahead make my day, be it the good, the bad, or the ugly...