Our five year adventure in Doha, Qatar ended June 1, 2012, but the memories will always remain. It's back to Texas where I have decided...Qatar isn't cornering the market on "quirky", as I once believed. Thanks for opening my eyes to the world, Doha!

Tuesday, August 18, 2009

It's a Clean Sweep




It's been so crazy around here in the USA that I forgot to tell you my breaking news from Doha. David has hired me a housekeeper! Haha, it was inevitable. I was the last of a dying breed over there...the proud madame of an "unkept" house. My famous line was that I was going to have to fire my housekeeper because she was absolutely awful. Well, she has officially been canned by her husband. Thanks, Dear! (I think?). Anyway my replacement has already been hired and he (yes, I said "he") is doing a bang up job I hear. David tells me that the villa has never looked so good...gee thanks, sweetie. I'll get over that slight, no doubt, as soon as I arrive back in Doha to witness it myself. The guy David hired will clean the house, wash the car, and hose down the back and front patios for the same price that my Kumar charged just to keep the outside clean. I knew all along that I was getting totally scammed, but I couldn't refuse Kumar's boyish grin. So, I left it to David to fire and hire while I was gone, and it appears he was up to the task. Wow, I must have been REALLY BAD! Nonetheless, THANKS, DEAR!
thoughts
To read comments, please click on the thoughts box above. Thanks!



4 comments:

  1. I'll second the "lucky dog" comment! Gina, I'll be leaving Texas for the Land of Sand this Monday, Aug 24th. Sad & happy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you. You're also giving someone a much-needed job, for sure.

    A. http://americanindoha.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I always love hearing your comments. Go ahead make my day, be it the good, the bad, or the ugly...