Our five year adventure in Doha, Qatar ended June 1, 2012, but the memories will always remain. It's back to Texas where I have decided...Qatar isn't cornering the market on "quirky", as I once believed. Thanks for opening my eyes to the world, Doha!

Saturday, August 1, 2009

Back to Doha for a Break

We made sure David got all those daddy do's done before he took off into the great blue yonder yesterday. Dustin's car started doing the smokin' and overheating thing on his way home from school the other day and he had to leave it parked on the side of the road in Kyle and walked the rest of the road home. I was glad David answered that call, instead of me having to deliver the news to him. Fortunately, it was just a busted water hose, that he replaced in no time. Knox car repair is officially closed for the summer. We also got Kristi's mattress moved from her summer apartment back to Kyle. Good thing cuz there's no way we could have done it without David. I'm not sure how we'll get it moved to her apartment at St Edward's when school starts back. We dropped David at the Austin airport yesterday morning for his flight back to Doha. I got a call from him at 8:00 this morning which I expected as it was his estimated arrival time. The only problem was that he was calling me from London. He had a scheduled one hour layover there, but being that the Qatar Airways ticket booth closes one hour prior to take off he missed his flight. So, who sells you a flight with a connection that is impossible to make? Expedia, that's who. I'll let David take that up with them after his jet lag clears. I have that same flight later this month and obviously it's not going to work out. So, truth be told, I don't know if he's even made it to Doha. He should have gotten there around midnight his time, but I haven't heard from him yet. I'm thinking he might have been just a bit worn out and irritable by then, so it might be better that he didn't call. Later.

thoughts
To read comments, please click on the thoughts box above. Thanks!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love hearing your comments. Go ahead make my day, be it the good, the bad, or the ugly...