Our five year adventure in Doha, Qatar ended June 1, 2012, but the memories will always remain. It's back to Texas where I have decided...Qatar isn't cornering the market on "quirky", as I once believed. Thanks for opening my eyes to the world, Doha!

Sunday, July 26, 2009

Where Art Thou, Mike?


Our Port Arthur destination has been one meal after another. We're hanging out with my mom who is the only person I know that likes to eat out more than me. She has a collection of menus on file that she would peruse over and over if only her macular degeneration would cooperate. Thankfully that doesn't affect her appetite. In the last three days we've eaten at Casa Ole Mexican Restaurant twice (are you noting a pattern here?), Luby's Cafeteria, Applebee's and Texas Roadhouse. We've kept the fridge stocked with Texas grown Blue Bell ice cream just in case we have any hunger pangs between feedings. We had a nice visit today with some of my siblings, niece and in-laws at Cypress Glenn Nursing Home where my dad hangs his hat. We're thinking about maybe a little Italian for supper. Whatcha think? Life is good.

I just received this from Kristi back in Kyle. This is our great niece, Sophia, dressed in an old dress of Kristi's from her little girl days...all of seventeen years ago. Kristi ate, slept, and literally lived in this dress for as long as she could. The stains are all over it to prove it. We have always lovingly referred to it as the "fwincess" dress since Kristi could not pronounce princess. Sophia's sister, Myah found the dress hanging in Kristi's closet and dressed her in it. It brought an instant smile and sweet memories when I opened the picture message on my cell phone. Cherish the moments, they grow up so fast.


thoughts
To read comments, please click on the thoughts box above. Thanks!


3 comments:

  1. Food and family - is there a better mix! Great to hear from you while you are "at home." Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww, that's so cute. Glad to see you're enjoying the Groves visit; I've got to get back there soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The visiting & food has been great...heading back to our Kyle house this evening. Thanks for stopping by to visit, as well!

    ReplyDelete

I always love hearing your comments. Go ahead make my day, be it the good, the bad, or the ugly...