Our five year adventure in Doha, Qatar ended June 1, 2012, but the memories will always remain. It's back to Texas where I have decided...Qatar isn't cornering the market on "quirky", as I once believed. Thanks for opening my eyes to the world, Doha!

Friday, July 17, 2009

Country Eats

I know you're just dying to find out how lunch at Miss Mary Bobo's turned out. Country cooking at its best is how I would describe it. We had a Lazy Susan table loaded with broccoli casserole, fried corn, fried okra, lima beans, stewed apples laced with Jack Daniels, corn bread, fried chicken, and stuffed bell pepper. If those Tennessee fixin's weren't enough, we had southern pecan pie to round out the feast. Believe me, there was nothing "zone" about this meal. I just had to throw caution to the wind, and let me tell you it was hurricane strength. I left stuffed and miserable. I would highly recommend a visit there if you are ever in the Lynchburg, TN area. Just remember to make reservations ahead of time, as it is a popular destination. Also, be prepared for a nice country drive to reach
Lynchburg.





Up next: Picking Dustin & Kayla up at the airport tonight, along with our niece Liz, who's popping in for a surprise visit. We'll be heading out to the Knox family picnic in the morning for none other than some more Tennessee grub. Pass the Tums, please.


thoughts
To read comments, please click on the thoughts box above. Thanks!



1 comment:

  1. There's nothing like good old homestyle cooking to put on a few pounds. Oh well, enjoy, you can walk it off on the corniche when you get back!

    ReplyDelete

I always love hearing your comments. Go ahead make my day, be it the good, the bad, or the ugly...