Our five year adventure in Doha, Qatar ended June 1, 2012, but the memories will always remain. It's back to Texas where I have decided...Qatar isn't cornering the market on "quirky", as I once believed. Thanks for opening my eyes to the world, Doha!

Friday, June 26, 2009

Just In Case you Didn't Hear...

Just in case S&K's Qatari Adventures is your only news source (wink wink), the self proclaimed King of pop lives no longer. Michael Jackson dead at 50. Even though Michael "weirded out" on us, I do believe that his talent for song and dance was unmatchable. "Billie Jean" will be running through my head all day. The news of Michael Jackson's death seemed to put Farrah Fawcett's death on the back burner. More than for Charlie's Angels, Farrah will be remembered by all women from the 70's era for her iconic hairstyle. Unfortunately the 80's rolled around and it was replaced by "big hair". For the guys, well, I think the famous pinup below was on every male students' wall in town. Rest in Peace.

King of Many Faces


Queen of Hair



thoughts
To read comments, please click on the thoughts box above. Thanks!



1 comment:

  1. RIP icons from our childhood. What a depressing day yesterday was. FYI - ITunes shows Michael's albums have 7 of the top 10 spots, plus he has 12 others in the top 100. Incredible.

    ReplyDelete

I always love hearing your comments. Go ahead make my day, be it the good, the bad, or the ugly...