Our five year adventure in Doha, Qatar ended June 1, 2012, but the memories will always remain. It's back to Texas where I have decided...Qatar isn't cornering the market on "quirky", as I once believed. Thanks for opening my eyes to the world, Doha!

Sunday, June 14, 2009

Fried Revelations

If I don't stop obsessing about eating, my blog is going to be reclassified under the food category!


Did I happen to mention to you that David swore off French fries? In a sudden revelation last weekend, he espouses, "that's it, no more fries!". Wow, where did that come from. Ok, sounds like a win win situation to me. If he doesn't eat fries then I won't be eating them either. I'm easy...always just along for the ride. The good news is, he's only had them twice since he professed his fry ending ways. Friday night and Saturday afternoon. Maybe it's one of those, only on the days that don't end in "y" proclamations or maybe I'm partly to blame, since I did give him permission to do so. Geez, where's your shame, man? Have you no will power? I guess I'm supposed to have enough of that for the two of us. He did actually make it through one night at Bennigan's without our usual buffalo chicken sandwich with fries, which sent our waiter into a moment of silence (and shock!). I explained to Laxman, our server, that we were trying to eat healthy. He just smiled and looked at David's buffalo chicken salad and with a smirk on his face noted that he wasn't sure if David was hitting the mark. That would be fried buffalo chicken, just like the sandwich. Hey, I played the game. I had a grilled chicken salad with a touch of vinaigrette, not flooded with Ranch like Dave's. Ok, ok, one baby step at a time. I'll try and exercise better will power for Dave, next time.

The pic: I'm working on presentation to make our healthy meals more "fun". It's actually working. David will get up from one of these meals saying, "that was delicious!". Now, had I thrown that turkey and cheese on two slices of bread, he would have looked at me like I was crazy. Oh, the ways of the human psyche.

Coming up in QatariAdventures: Waverunning, Doha Style...You just thought the Qatari driving was crazy, wait until you see the wave runners!

thoughts
To read comments, please click on the thoughts box above. Thanks!



No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love hearing your comments. Go ahead make my day, be it the good, the bad, or the ugly...