Our five year adventure in Doha, Qatar ended June 1, 2012, but the memories will always remain. It's back to Texas where I have decided...Qatar isn't cornering the market on "quirky", as I once believed. Thanks for opening my eyes to the world, Doha!

Saturday, May 16, 2009

Soy Asian Fusion Restaurant


Wind and dust have been the highlight this weekend. Other than that, we did visit Soy Asian Fusion Restaurant in Souq Waqif. For
the money, it was just ok. It was about double the price of our usual favorite Asian Doha restaurants, Far East and Asian Traditional. David said his Chicken Curry didn't compare to that of Far East's and my grilled chicken with cucumber and mango salad was fair. The decor was really nice, though, and there was a never ending maze of dining rooms and gathering areas. The view from our table was the ever present Doha construction that you can't escape. I'm glad we checked it out, but not so sure that we would return.

Phone: 442-6767
Location: Souq Waqif (alleyway opposite of Haagen Dazs)
Website: www.soy-restaurant.com (it doesn't look like it's finished, yet)

On our way out of the souqs, we ran across a pet section that we hadn't seen before. There were these adorable, but extremely lethargic kittens hanging around unencumbered by any cages or leashes. I had to ask the salesman if he drugged them, but he denied it. He told me that it was after 8:00pm, so it was past their bedtime. The asking price: 1400QR ($385). When I asked the keeper what was special about them he told me, "They are Iranian". Hmm...would that be what we know as "Persian" cats?


thoughts
To read comments, please click on the thoughts box above. Thanks!


2 comments:

  1. I don't like Asians food. Had enough in the Asian Games, Doha 2006..
    and for the cats, they are from Shiraz in Iran. kittens are expensive, but older cats much cheaper :) .. if u want one just tell me .. a friend of mine has lots and he sells them "will try to use my WASTA for a discount" heheh :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol, Naz...I'll keep this "WASTA" thing in mind :D I just heard that word for the first time this week and had to research it. I think I like it! For those that don't know...click here.

    ReplyDelete

I always love hearing your comments. Go ahead make my day, be it the good, the bad, or the ugly...