Our five year adventure in Doha, Qatar ended June 1, 2012, but the memories will always remain. It's back to Texas where I have decided...Qatar isn't cornering the market on "quirky", as I once believed. Thanks for opening my eyes to the world, Doha!

Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Same Song Second Verse


I just want to let all the environmentalists out there know that David and I are doing our part in conserving energy. We are still A.C. less. These nightly slumber parties are getting really old. I'm having trouble transitioning from morning to a productive day when I wake up on the couch. It's just one of those mental issues I have. When we asked the management about our motorless upstairs air conditioner, we were told that the company that supplies them isn't answering their phones. Now, that is comforting. She told us that they have nine other air conditioners on the blink and everyone in the complex is calling and complaining. I don't know why, it's only 108 freakin' degrees outside! When David and I returned from our four mile corniche walk last night, I opted for a cool shower, since I was hot already and it was 88 degrees in the bedroom It was even hotter in the bathroom because there is no circulation in there other than the constant hot water running through the pipes that are underneath the floor keeping the bathroom a few degrees warmer. Besides all that, silly me forgot, it's summer in Doha and there is no cool water, anyway. Only hot and hotter. Ok, I'll stop complaining unless the downstairs air goes out and then I'll be chatting with you from a hotel room. I noted last night on our way home that Commercial Bank is doing their part to conserve energy, as well, hmmm.


thoughts
To read comments, please click on the thoughts box above. Thanks!



4 comments:

  1. Now you know what the hot flash years are like. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. There's always plenty of room at The Happy Garcia Home!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Four nights on the couch & counting...Bring on the hot flashes if it will bring on the air!

    Lucy, does your live in maid come with that offer???

    ReplyDelete
  4. Of course she does....hence, the "Happy"!!

    ReplyDelete

I always love hearing your comments. Go ahead make my day, be it the good, the bad, or the ugly...