Our five year adventure in Doha, Qatar ended June 1, 2012, but the memories will always remain. It's back to Texas where I have decided...Qatar isn't cornering the market on "quirky", as I once believed. Thanks for opening my eyes to the world, Doha!

Friday, May 8, 2009

Riviera's Rut

I think I've mentioned this subject in passing, but never really disclosed the facts or rumors about it. I'm talking about Riviera's Rut. It's a huge dug out hole smack dab in the middle of our complex next to the club house. You can't miss it when you enter our pink haven, as you have to take the detour past this eyesore of a football field sized pit that is about fifteen feet deep to get anywhere else in the compound. We've been here for two years and the only change is that they put a more "permanent" type fence around it as the previous one blew down. Lucky(?) for the villa kids, it does have an open access area for them to take advantage of the most likely toxic "playground". It has also become the local dumping station. Apparently, once upon a time, there were tennis courts there and someone got a bright idea and ripped them out to make way for apartments. Well, as you can see, that project never transpired so we've been looking at this hole ever since. Rumor has it now that they are going to fill the hole back in and make it an official playground. We won't hold our breath.



thoughts
To read comments, please click on the thoughts box above. Thanks!



No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love hearing your comments. Go ahead make my day, be it the good, the bad, or the ugly...