Our five year adventure in Doha, Qatar ended June 1, 2012, but the memories will always remain. It's back to Texas where I have decided...Qatar isn't cornering the market on "quirky", as I once believed. Thanks for opening my eyes to the world, Doha!

Thursday, May 7, 2009

Q for Qatar & QUIZNOS!

Yes, Ms. Gina Venturelli, we finally made it to Quiznos. I know, you're on sabbatical back in Chicago eating at all your faves and could care less about Qatar's Quiznos at the moment, but alas, I AM still in Doha. David and I needed to supplement the energy we expended on our corniche walk the other night, so a rare break from Bennigans landed us at Quiznos. They don't have a drive through, but they do have attendants standing at the edge of the parking lot holding up their menus which is sort of cute and has a personal touch. It was a beautiful evening so we opted to get out and sit at one of their outdoor tables and enjoy the night air. We ordered the spicy BBQ chicken with veal bacon on whole wheat. I repeat VEAL not REAL bacon. I have to tell you, though, that it was absolutely delicious, without a hint of Arabic flair. That's the thing around here, you might be getting American food but somehow Arabic spices are injected more often than not. And of course, the good news is that they deliver. Imagine that :D Call Now! 421-7989.



thoughts
To read comments, please click on the thoughts box above. Thanks!



2 comments:

  1. Isn't this the one in Al-Dafna area next to the Health center?

    i think it worths a try :) .. maybe tonight tnough..

    Thank you to share such a post.. Sharing is caring :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, it's in the same parking lot as Al Meera Grocery and Ponderosa. Near the mosque with the twin minarets and yes, West Bay Health Center. Enjoy :)

    ReplyDelete

I always love hearing your comments. Go ahead make my day, be it the good, the bad, or the ugly...