Our five year adventure in Doha, Qatar ended June 1, 2012, but the memories will always remain. It's back to Texas where I have decided...Qatar isn't cornering the market on "quirky", as I once believed. Thanks for opening my eyes to the world, Doha!

Sunday, May 31, 2009

Hot 'N' Fresh


To round out our weekend, I was set on a Doha chicken sandwich. Not the McDonald's or Burger King kind, one of the cafeteria/juice stall style. Ok, keep in mind that we're not talking Luby's here. A cafeteria in this country consists of a minuscule room with a walk up counter and maybe two tables or so, if you're lucky. I had noticed that our local strip mall had already changed out and remodeled the brand new cafeteria that was already there.As our luck was running high, the newly opened Hot 'N' Fresh had two booths to offer, one for two and one for four. You know, no one really sits down in these places, but I always like to soak up the atmosphere and took a seat to order. As I sat down I thought to myself, Hot 'N' Fresh, what an appropriate name for a place that doesn't have the A.C. running in 117 degree weather. The second we sat, however, one of the workers was over in a flash to turn on the air. Mental note: Extra tip for the air. He presented us with menus that were typical of most area juice stalls. They had the usual juices, such as computer and Rolex, with a couple I hadn't seen, The Duhail Special (that's the area we live in) and The Hot 'N' Fresh Special. Don't bother asking. I have no clue what's in any of those. I satisfied my chicken sandwich craving and complimented it with a plain old fresh mango juice. It was indeed, hot and fresh, the sandwich, that is. David had a chicken burger with fries and got a bit more adventurous with a banana and kiwi mix for his juice. Halfway through our meal we realized why they didn't have the air conditioner running on our arrival. Could it have been electricity overload? Yes, we have now lost electricity at our evening meal two nights in a row. Bar the doors, we're coming to a restaurant near you!


Hot 'N' Fresh
Duhail (near Turkish Star-Environmental Rd)
Phone: 421-7171
24 hour service & delivery

Impression: Hot 'N' Fresh just as advertised. Tasty. Clean. Typical of most Doha cafeteria/juice stalls. Will go back.


thoughts
To read comments, please click on the thoughts box above. Thanks!



No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love hearing your comments. Go ahead make my day, be it the good, the bad, or the ugly...