Our five year adventure in Doha, Qatar ended June 1, 2012, but the memories will always remain. It's back to Texas where I have decided...Qatar isn't cornering the market on "quirky", as I once believed. Thanks for opening my eyes to the world, Doha!

Monday, April 13, 2009

Progress





So, did we or didn't we? We didn't, believe it or not. It was a no dessert weekend. My psychological warfare must be working as we made a rare visit to Chili's this weekend, where David cannot leave without his beloved strawberry cheesecake, extra strawberries. When he suggested it, my evil one eyebrow popped up, and he let the subject go. My eyebrow trick has never worked on him before, so my intergalactic beaming must be reaching his brain. I have no idea what intergalactic is, but it sounded good. Anyway, I also propositioned him this weekend. I know he gets really nervous, when he hears those words come out of my mouth, "David, I have a proposition for you." I knew he'd be thinking, My gosh, woman, what do you want now?! Well, he always wants me to go to the gym and workout with him, but I repeatedly refuse making up lame excuses that he sees right through. So, I told him if he would start walking with me on his "off" workout days, that I would go to the gym with him and start a routine. Deal. I made him walk first, though, just so there could be no reneging. He bellyached the entire walk, which made me start entertaining the idea. I paid him back the next evening and bellyached the entire workout, which really wasn't payback, because I would've done it anyway. The next day my bellyaching turned into thigh aching. OMG, I thought I would never walk, again, and I was only squatting with the bar! After a couple of trips to the gym, my non muscles are becoming a little more pliable and this might just turn into the best proposal that I've made, if we can just keep it up.

Tree trunk thighs? I may have to rethink this.


thoughts
To read comments, please click on the thoughts box above. Thanks!



1 comment:

  1. Good for you! Keep up the gym work; you'll need those extra muscles to burn off the future desserts I'm sure you're going to be trying out.

    ReplyDelete

I always love hearing your comments. Go ahead make my day, be it the good, the bad, or the ugly...