Our five year adventure in Doha, Qatar ended June 1, 2012, but the memories will always remain. It's back to Texas where I have decided...Qatar isn't cornering the market on "quirky", as I once believed. Thanks for opening my eyes to the world, Doha!

Monday, April 20, 2009

Abu Dhabi Sightings



You know I've been in Doha too long when certain sights that used to be the norm really catch my attention.

Just a few Abu Dhabi sightings...like blue beards?


Painted toenails on a GUY, never mind the paw print pants!


Bikinis in public


Speedos that shouldn't be public


I knew Bill Gates was on hand, but is that Jim Carey?


What I still didn't see though, was alcohol (or sex, thank God) on the beach which maybe is why the crowd was so civilized.

A few other pics...

View from our room...we can run but we cannot hide from construction


Aerial view of Abu Dhabi on the big screen filmed by the chopper during the races


Coastal view


More air racing pics






Thanks for joining us! Until next time...



thoughts
To read comments, please click on the thoughts box above. Thanks!



2 comments:

I always love hearing your comments. Go ahead make my day, be it the good, the bad, or the ugly...