Our five year adventure in Doha, Qatar ended June 1, 2012, but the memories will always remain. It's back to Texas where I have decided...Qatar isn't cornering the market on "quirky", as I once believed. Thanks for opening my eyes to the world, Doha!

Sunday, March 29, 2009

Pass It On




I couldn't get one song without the other...it was a twofer. Sorry! The under 50 crowd won't get it anyway :)


It's Doha Service Project Day here in the neighborhood and my kitchen didn't burn down! Progress in the making. Local CPChem wife, Kaylene, is always volunteering her services (and ours!) to our military men and women stationed here in Qatar, as well as those here on R&R weekends getting away from less desirable areas of the Middle East in which they are serving. We bake up a few treats, she delivers the "drop" and our American troops gobble up the goodies. It's a great service and we appreciate Kaylene heading it up and all those that battle the Doha oven blues* to create their masterpieces. My masterpiece came in a box, but that's probably a good thing. You will be happy to know that I didn't get my dates wrong this time, nor did my smoke alarm go off. Move over, June Cleaver (you know who you are!). My part is done, for now, as I have made my delivery to Kaylene who is tossing all the treats in nice bags before sending them to their final destination. Don't forget to pass on your random act of kindness today. You just never know how you might impact someone's life.

*the ovens are a mystery here...crash and burn is their mantra.



thoughts
To read comments, please click on the thoughts box above. Thanks!



No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love hearing your comments. Go ahead make my day, be it the good, the bad, or the ugly...