Our five year adventure in Doha, Qatar ended June 1, 2012, but the memories will always remain. It's back to Texas where I have decided...Qatar isn't cornering the market on "quirky", as I once believed. Thanks for opening my eyes to the world, Doha!

Sunday, March 15, 2009

Paris Continues

The kids sneaked in yesterday while we were out and about trying to get Shea some sightseeing in before he had to head back to Stuttgart today. We didn't have a lot of time as we had to get two meals and The Louvre in before the kids arrived. We made our way back to the hotel a little before 4:00pm knowing that the kids' plane was scheduled for 2:40pm arrival. We knew it would take a while to get through customs, collect baggage, and take the taxi ride across the city. Around 5:00 I decided to sit in the window sill and wait for them, so that I could holler down at them and snap their picture while they unloaded. It was 6:00pm and I was beginning to worry and started figuring out what exactly our plan of action was going to be if they didn't show soon. Finally, around 6:30 there was a little knock at the door and it was Kristi. Apparently they beat us back to the hotel and when they found us not there, they all just crawled in bed for a nap. At this point in the evening all we had time for was dinner before our internal clocks said, "bedtime". Today we found out that the kids aren't big troopers when it comes to walking. The "are we there, yet?" syndrome never goes away, I guess. And Dustin's favorite line is, "Isn't it lunch time, yet?". Maybe they were on track when they requested a beach vacation instead of Europe. I'm sure they'll manage, somehow. We'll try to take it a little easier on them tomorrow. Maybe a river cruise, and if we have to, I guess we can resort to public transportation rather than our feet. Shea's already caught his train, but we'll be catching back up with him in Stuttgart on Tuesday afternoon. Check out the blue skies that we had today. They were absolutely cloudless. I didn't add in any color, promise. The pic to the right is David reliving his childhood part he had in an elementary school play...his one and only line as Napoleon, "It depresses me terribly". Au revoir!




thoughts
To read comments, please click on the thoughts box above. Thanks!



2 comments:

  1. Thank goodness the kids didn't fall asleep for the night. You would have been frantic! Hope y'all have a great time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you're using the Metro. Sure beats walking. If you get a chance, go to the Paris Opera House(Opera Garnier). Fast on your own tour and really beautiful inside. Close to Galleries Lafayette, huge department store with the best cafeteria on top floor and the most amazing stained glass dome in any store I've ever seen. Sounds like you all are having fun!

    ReplyDelete

I always love hearing your comments. Go ahead make my day, be it the good, the bad, or the ugly...