Our five year adventure in Doha, Qatar ended June 1, 2012, but the memories will always remain. It's back to Texas where I have decided...Qatar isn't cornering the market on "quirky", as I once believed. Thanks for opening my eyes to the world, Doha!

Monday, March 9, 2009

Jackhammer Chicken



You thought that chicken I bought was just a blog prop, huh? Well I'll have you know that I cooked that 900 gram monster and made my dear sweet deserving husband King Ranch Chicken. I've cooked it here before, but after we began eating the "improvised" version, I tossed the other half of the nasty concoction into the garbage. I tried, again, since this time I had real condensed cream of chicken soup as opposed to the enveloped powder that I used last time. Take my word, it's a bit hard to make condensed soup out of powder. Shouldn't I have been able to figure that one out? After getting most of it prepped and layered, I discovered that my tomatoes weren't of the diced nature, not even of the whole. They were pureed. Too late now, they're going on top. As always, the presentation was beautiful, but the taste was questionable. I definitely felt there should have been some noodles some where around. The consistency was more like spaghetti sauce than my usual KRC. David did the obligatory,"this is good" duties, while I questioned his sincerity. Then the kicker came as I was having a little trouble scooping out the "stuck" tortillas in the pan, "ya need a jackhammer for that?", questioned my not so bright husband, quoted verbatim. I kid you not. He immediately realized the error of his ways when he received the infamous right eyebrow raise. He tried to wiggle out of it saying that he wasn't being rude, he was just being nice and helpful. My answer to that, "Well let me get your mom on the phone and I'll ask her if it's appropriate to use jackhammer and lovely meal in the same line." What say you, JoAnn? He grinned, turned red, and instantly saw the light. Tonight's menu: Take away!


thoughts
To read comments, please click on the thoughts box above. Thanks!



3 comments:

  1. Haha, you googled chickity china the chinese chicken remembering those lyrics to this song and wanting it for your blog, now i understand how you ended up sending me that random video(that i had seen quite a while back by the away, but somewhat amusing).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Busted :(
    http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=3319737
    copy & paste for your viewing pleasure

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yumm . . . you always made the best King Ranch Chicken. It's a shame David has to "suffer" while you're trying to improvise. :-)

    ReplyDelete

I always love hearing your comments. Go ahead make my day, be it the good, the bad, or the ugly...