Our five year adventure in Doha, Qatar ended June 1, 2012, but the memories will always remain. It's back to Texas where I have decided...Qatar isn't cornering the market on "quirky", as I once believed. Thanks for opening my eyes to the world, Doha!

Monday, February 9, 2009

Walkin' at 7:00 AM ?!



I got an email this morning that went something like this:

Ladies,
We are walking mornings at 7 AM. Anyone wanting to join us meet at my villa .
Peggy
PS. Hope I have remembered everyone in Riviera, if not please pass this along.

Actually, it went exactly like that. Cut and paste, what an invention. Note that first of all, I read the email at 7:40am after forcing myself to get out of bed. Second of all, even if I had been up, I would have to invest in an IV stand to hang my caffeine drip on. Functioning at 7:00am is not in my repertoire. Now, if you called me for coffee or breakfast, then we'd be talking. As Mr. Paul Harvey would say, "now, for the rest of the story", as here was my reply to Peg:

You are such a sweetie for organizing this much needed activity, Peggy. But since I have trouble wobbling down my stairs before that time, I doubt that I would be able to walk at that time. That's so sad : . When my happy ass becomes a little more spry, I will most definitely take on the adventure. Though, as I sip my coffee at 7:30 or so, I will definitely be rooting you and yours on! Feel free to pop in for water, coffee, sodas, or fruit on your route, ladies...but ONLY if my front door is open! You go, girls!

Lazily yours,

Sybil

thoughts
To read comments, please click on the thoughts box above. Thanks!



1 comment:

  1. There is a group of ladies in my subdivision that also walk at 7 a.m. every morning. Needless to say, I have never seen them! lol

    ReplyDelete

I always love hearing your comments. Go ahead make my day, be it the good, the bad, or the ugly...